Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas!!!

I just have to start by saying how much I love Christmas!!! I love all the lights and decorations, I love the snow as long as I don't have to drive in it or feel the cold. I like the snow when I am inside and house watching it fall .

It has been a while since I updated so I will catch you up. Christopher has another P.T. appointment on the 23rd. The therapist said Christopher is progressing well, his head difference has dropped down to a 7mm. The therapist wants him down to a 5mm by 6 months. We will work harder this month to achieve that goal.

Also, a few nights ago Spencer was holding Christopher and decided he wanted to try something different to put Christopher to sleep. He said "Do you trust me?" Of course I said "yes." I wrapped Christopher in his blanket (which he loves) and Spencer took him into his room and put him in his bed, looked at me and said "give him 12 minutes before you come back into his room." I agreed and I sat on my bed listening to the monitor. After a few minutes Christopher stopped making noise so Spencer let me go check on him and he was asleep. Now you mother out there are most likely cheering, but I am a little strange in the fact that I love to rock Christopher to sleep. There have only been a few nights in his entire life that I have not rocked him to sleep. This is my favorite part of being a mother. I would just sit and rock with him all day if I could and he would let me. I am so proud of Christopher, he is such a good baby but Spencer said I would only have to do that once a week so I could continue rocking him.

Christmas was so much fun this year. We spent Christmas Eve at Kassie's moms house for dinner and presents. It is a Spicer tradition to have steaks and home made french fries. We had so much food it was so good. All the kids were there and it was so much fun. Right before dinner was ready we had a surprise visit from the Big Jolly Man himself. The kids were so cute they were excited and all had a chance to sit on his lap to put in any last request for presents. He talked with all the kids then left. We all stuffed our faces and then exchanged presents with all the kids. Then Grandma and Grandpa distributed the grandkids presents. He got P.J.'s and toys and stuffed animals. After we all exchanged we all parted to head for home to go to sleep. We woke up Christmas day and had just enough time to feed Christopher and get ready then headed down to Spencer's moms house.

We had breakfast and then exchanged gifts with the Searle family. Christopher go a cute blanket that Grandma Judy made for him with snowmen on it. Then in usual Searle fashion the women went upstairs and the men stayed in the basement playing Xbox and Wii. We all hung out and had lunch later on in the day then cleaned up and the men played some more games and the women talked upstairs. We had so much fun all together for the holidays. After we were at Grandma Judy's all day we went home and put Christopher right to sleep.

Today is Spencer's Birthday!!! Happy birthday to you dad. Christopher and I woke up and made him breakfast and then came down to the valley to hang out with Spencer's family again. We have had so much fun the last few days with the families.

I must say again how much I love the holidays and Christmas!!!!

Til next time.

4 comments:

nathansara said...

Glad to see that your holidays were fun and hope Spencer had a great birthday.

Emery's said...

He is getting so big! I am glad that you guys had a great Christmas!

Kimberly said...

I also love to rock my kids to sleep. I don't really mind too much if they get up at night (once a night) so I can rock them again. Enjoy it, someday your baby will be 4.

RIck and Ella-Rene said...

Handsome baby....

Beautiful quilts...

love Aunt Tinky